Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'm stuffed!

OK, we're back from driving 250km to and from the clinic today, having our second embryo transferred, avoiding vehicle accidents, after only having 5 hours sleep because of the work I had to do till 2:30am to ensure there was less pressure on the rest of the guys remaining at work today... did I say I was stuffed??!!

As you know frozen embryo's can experience damage either as a result of the freezing or thawing process. We had decided that if greater than 25% of the cells we damaged then we would have a second embryo thawed and have them both transferred. As it happened our second embryo was undamaged by the process, and I'm told that the chances of it working is just as good as if it were a fresh embryo that had been transferred - so that's great! Now we just have to deal with the whole balancing act between hope and pessimism and hope not to go insane in the meantime! 

Bed beckons ever so seductively - and I can no longer resist!

Abe

2 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

I hope everything goes well with the transfer!! And you get some sleep.

Searching for Serenity said...

I hope you're rested up for the next few week. Congrats! I'm so glad everything went well and that you made it there and back safely.